Classes and Opportunities
LIFEGUARD CLASS - Call now to register
LIFEGUARD CLASS Time & Date TBA
The cost of this class is $175 (in-district) and $195 (out-of-district).
Swimmers must be 15 years old on the last day of class and able to:
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl or breaststroke
- Tread water for 1 minute and 40 seconds using legs only
- Swim 20 yards, submerge to a depth of 7-10 ft., retrieve a 10 pound object, return it to the surface, and swim object above/at the surface to starting point within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Notes for course:
- All enrolled students must attend all classes
- Payment is required in full after successful completion of Precourse Session
- Books are available at the Tigard Swim Center
- Course Fact Sheet is available at the front desk for additional course expectations and content
Call either pool to register. 503.431.5455 - Tigard or 503.431.5655 - Tualatin.
Water Safety Instructor Class May 9, 13, 14, 20,21
Call the pool to register: 503.431.5455
Precourse - Tuesday, May 9th 4-5:30pm
May 13, Saturday 9am-4pm
May 14, Sunday 10am-4pm
May 20, Saturday - 9am-4pm
May 21, Sunday - 10am-4pm
The cost of this class is $105 in-district and $125 out-of-district. Plus additional $35 to Red Cross. You must be 16 years of age and be able to swim 25 yards using the front crawl stroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, back crawl, elementary backstroke, butterfly, plus float and treat water for 1 minute.